Friday, December 12, 2008

Loubna in Marrakech

Brahim's classes are over by 11:00am on Saturdays, and we don't teach on Sundays. So, we generally leave Tahnaoute on Saturday afternoon and spend some time in Marrakech for the weekend.



DSC_0037.JPG


On our most recent trip, Loubna came with us! Highlights:


-Loubna helping me find and select a skirt for one of my sisters (Hey Sena! I think you're going to like it!)

-Walking down the streets of Marrakech desperately looking for a store that sells ice cream (apparently it's winter or something).

-Going to a flea market to buy shoes for Loubna. Digging through piles of random shoes in hopes of finding something suitable.

-Wandering around a gigantic grocery store looking for ingredients for me to make fajitas for the family. (How do you explain shortening to somebody who doesn't have any idea what it is?)

-Sleeping in the same room and talking as we fell asleep. Neither of us woke up until 10:00 am the next morning. Teasing Loubna because she usually wakes up much earlier, and hearing her say, "Oh no! I don't want to be a lazy girl!" (That was kind of a jab at me. I typically get up later than the rest of the family. In my defense, when I don't eat dinner until after 10:00 pm, it throws my whole biological clock off.)

-Looking for an Internet cafe so that we could check our e-mail, watch YouTube videos, etc. Every cafe we came to was either closed or full. It was devastating. We finally found one tucked away several blocks from the house.

It's nice to have sisters, even in Morocco.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Angie, I think I say this in all of my comments but I just love your posts!
Anyway, I agree with you it is nice to have sister where ever you go in the world!
It has been fun to get to know your "family" in Morocco, and in Alaska!