Saturday, November 8, 2008

Marvelous Marrakech

After I woke from my ages long nap the night of October 30th, Achmed took me walking around the medina of Marrakech. The medina is the old center of the city, often considered the heart of the city.

I was definitely dealing with major sensory overload. There were so many things to see, hear, smell, and admire. I could never capture them in one post. However, there should be many more visits to Marrakech's medina that will allow me capture more details and information.

Right now I will provide only one...




DSC_0858.jpg

This is Koutoubia (koo-too-bye). It is the minaret (tower) of a mosque in the center of Marrakesh. It was built by the Sultan Yakoub el Mansour. Koutoubia's twin minaret is in Seville, Spain.

It was beautiful all lit up at night.

No comments: