Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Moroccan Food

I promise that some day I will learn about the food I photograph. Until then, you will have to deal with seeing pictures of exotic Moroccan with only the barest details I can surmise or overhear other people talking about.




DSC_0835.jpg

The little fishie things are sardines. I thought for a minute that I would be brave enough to try one. Then I wussed out.



DSC_0836.jpg

This is kai (at least it is pronounced like kai, it could possibly be spelled kye, cai, cye, ciye, kiye, or xcjhadjlkjdflh). It is a smallish bird, apparently similar to a pigeon. It tasted like chicken. Note to readers: the apricot sauced served with the kai was amazing.


DSC_0837.jpg

Assortment of vegetables and meats, similar to my first Moroccan lunch. The lamb was my favorite.


DSC_0838.jpg

Your guess is as good as mine... I recognize corn and...and...and...that's about it.


DSC_0841.jpg

Fish and shrimp. Yum!

(All of these pictures were taken at a luncheon provided by the Moroccan American Center for Education and Cultural Exchange.)

1 comment:

Missy said...

I love trying new food. Whenever I travel, that is always the best part. Great pictures, those dishes look great :)