Monday, November 17, 2008

Moroccan Eating Schedule

Breakfast- 8:00-9:00ish, depending on when people have to go to work and school.


Lunch- 12:00ish, main meal of the day.


Tea- 5:00ish, tea, coffee, bread, pastries.


Dinner- 9:00-10:00ish, a smaller version of lunch.



Raise your hand if you're an American teacher who is so tired that you have trouble staying up late enough to eat dinner. Oooh, oooh, ooooh, me!

I've tried to go to bed before dinner a few times, but the women of the house refuse to allow it.

(Hey Steve! My host family was absolutely flabbergasted when I told them that we eat dinner at 5:00 or 6:00!)

2 comments:

Jac said...

you should try what I do. After Tea, curl up for a nice two hour nap, rub the sleep out of your eyes and roll up to the dinner table. Just be careful with your knife.

Looks like you are having great fun. Stay safe and keep posting.

Missy said...

That sounds really good to me. The more meals a day, the better :)